Friday 20 March 2009

Run Baby Run - Miss Baby Sol to run FLORA LONDON MARATHON FOR OXFAM...


Ok, so I guess I’m doing this the wrong way round. There’s supposed to be a blog/video post explaining all about Black Einstein and the concept behind it etc properly, and introductions to the various people that embody and form the collective “Black Einstein”.

I’m working on it!!!

However, had it been done already, then those of you that didn’t know now would already know about the amazing Miss Baby Sol.

Miss Baby Sol is the newest member to the Black Einstein collective (Pretty useless information without informing you who the others involved are, but as I said… I’m working on it!!!).

Having performed backing and lead vocal duties both on stage and in the studio for the likes of Nate James, Alexander O’Neil, Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, Tawiah, Jazz Jamaica, Soweto Kinch, Michelle Escoffery, Gary Crosby, DJ Ironik, Tinchy Stryder, Rox and Ty amongst many others. She now taking her steps on the path to becoming a solo artist of importance, TRUST ME ON THAT!!! But Baby steps... (sorry, I couldn’t resist).

She’ll get her full intro on a future blog, but suffice to say she is blessed with a voice that would make angels cry, and a grin that would get the devil hot under the collar.

But on to more pressing matters. Miss Baby Sol is running The FLORA London Marathon on 26th April 2009 for Oxfam.

Miss Baby Sol


“My mother worked for OxFam. Ms Zadio Masala, my mama, died last year March 7th '08 and I haven't stopped missing her since :) When we 1st arrived here in London, we didn't have a lot. Mum used to go to Charity shops to dress us, it being all she could afford. That and Woolworths clothing at Christmas. My mum had a keen fashion sense and eye for style and, as we all know, charity/second hand stores can be goldmines... I guess it made perfect sense that she would one day become an Oxfam shop manager, one of the best so I am told :) She managed the shop in Chiswick... you know it was buff! My mother did love me so and I feel blessed to have had such a wonderful being in my life. Without her I am nothing. She has given me my all. I run for her and I run for a Charity that has not only supported those in need all over the world for over 65 years, but that has also provided me with clothing, books and shoes for the past 18 years and continues to do so now! I LOVE OXFAM! Don't you?”

So let’s help her raise as much money for Oxfam as possible. Sponsor her if you can @ http://www.bmycharity.com/missbabysol

Then she can finish the race, have a break and get her arse back in the lab for some more BLACK EINSTEIN ISH!!

In the meantime…check out the theme tune for her Marathon Run

Miss Baby Sol & La Rebla Fam - Here We Go
Produced by Nutty P (The Bakery/Scarlet Air)


No comments: